Bought 2005 CAT 236b sky’s steer. I think the equipment area under seat flooded and leaked water into the fill caps of chain lube. There was lots of trash that plugged up water drains/openings. Oil is white. I did drain both sides but not sure how to flush before new chain oil. Any help..
Sorry, skid steer
Also, advice on how to change Hyd Fuid and filter???
Chain cases I'd dump a load of oil & diesel in there, run the machine for 10 mins or so then drain it and fill with the correct oil. If it's been flooded it might pay you to get the seat out, lift the floor, and clean out the electronics compartment that's located under the seat. Just a thought. Maybe your best investment would be to get hold of an Operation & Maintenance Manual. It will give you all the information you're asking for plus a whole lot more. Around $50 as a downloadable pdf file from Cat. The website is not exactly intuitive so if you have problems post back with your machine Serial Number and I'll try to find the manual that suits your machine. https://catpublications.com/
Thank you so much for the advice Nige. SN HENO2717
Here you go ......... SEBU7731. $46 available for download in pdf.
Nige, Thank you....but, I cannot find the SEBU7731 in Cat Publications. I have searched and have numbers all around it, but can not find where to purchase download. I did purchase the supplement but not a lot of information. The link you gave me is not active and will not let me download. Probably just me...lol
Let me see if I can help you ....... BTW the link works fine for me. Google "Caterpillar Publications online" and see if you can get into it that way. Look for the same web address as my link. When the page opens, click "Continue as a Guest". Go to the Search box at the top of the page and type in HEN1-6745 (that is the S/N range your machine falls in) - click Search. Up will pop 30+ publications...... but we can narrow that down a bit. Look down the filters on the left side of the page towards the bottom and click on English. SEBU7731 should pop up 2nd on the list after the Parts Book for the same S/N range HEN1-6745.
you tha man! Thank you Nige. I have it downloaded.....
You're most welcome. Once you have read through it and digested the contents I'm sure you'll be back with more questions ........