Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 236b work lights won’t come on

Curtis Graves · 2019-11-27 00:31

Hoping for some help here. I have a CAT 236b skid steer and the lights on the front and rear have stopped working. The rocker switches still glow when turned on but the lights will not come on. I have checked the fuse box and the fuses are good. Is there a relay or something else? I’ve looked for a schematic for the Lightning and haven’t been able to find one. Thanks!

Replies7
  1. #1heymccall2019-11-27 02:45

    Nope. If fuse to lamps is bad, the rockers won't glow when switched on. You've got yourself a case of 4 burned out lamps.

  2. #2heymccall2019-11-27 02:49

    For the schematic of a 236b, it's the RENR6419-06 download in post #4 here... HeavyEquipmentForums

  3. #3seville0092019-11-27 06:23

    Check the wiring too......mice might have chewed something up

  4. #4kshansen2019-11-27 07:49

    This would assume when you say it's a 236B it is just a plane 236B and not a 236B2 or 236B3. Always very important to give as much details as possible, full S/N is the best. That is unless the machine was stolen and the FBI was told the S/N by the guy you stole it from There appear to be at least 5 or 6 wiring schematics for the various 236B machines depending on the actual S/N if you take in to account the different versions of the 236B's like the 2 and 3. I'd start by opening up the non-working lights and check for voltage with switch on. Sometimes no one complains about failed lights till the last one quits working!

  5. #5Curtis Graves2019-11-27 07:56

    I’ll get the serial number and post it in a bit. I actually broke all of the lights off over time and decided to replace all 4 of them so that’s not the case. Also have checked voltage at the connectors and nothing. I took the console apart and checked the wiring at the rocker switches and it all good as well.

  6. #6kshansen2019-11-27 07:59

    Okay so if you have power out of the rockers but none at the light end of wires seville009's pet mice might be the problem!

  7. #7Nige2019-11-27 08:52

    Get the electrical schematic and start to trace the wiring starting from the work light switch (which apparently has power if I understand you correctly) towards the lights themselves would appear to be the logical next step.