Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 236B3 no aux hydraulic option?

Evening Digger ยท 2020-01-10 19:37

Just purchased a 2010 236B3. I'm a Bobcat guy and not familiar with Cat. It's plumbed for auxillary hydraulics but I can't figure out how to operate them. There's a rocker switch on the right joystick that looks suspicious. Is this supposed to operate the circuit?

Replies5
  1. #1Evening Digger2020-01-10 21:44

    Appears from online reading the rocker switch on the RH joystick should operate the circuit. Seems like I have an electrical issue at this point. Anyone have any info on the wiring of this thing?

  2. #2seatwarmer2020-01-11 00:04

    Serial Number would help to get the correct info

  3. #3Nige2020-01-11 06:05

    As per my learned friend above, Serial Number gets you the correct electrical schematic and everything else follows on from that. Model years mean very little for Cat machines - Serial Number is everything. Do you have an operator manual for it.? You can download a genuine version from Cat in Adobe pdf format for $66. Contains loads of useful maintenance information, fluids, etc, etc, also. I can walk you through the procedure if you want to buy one.

  4. #4Evening Digger2020-01-11 18:35

    Thanks for the info on the online manual source. The serial no is 0236BTA9H00540. When I operate the rocker switch I don't hear the engine/pump load up at all.

  5. #5John C.2020-01-12 11:05

    I don't know about that model specifically but on older models, Cat likes to make to do two are three things at the same time in order to make the aux function work. Sometimes there is also a harness connector mounted with the quick couplers on the boom that has to connect with some wires to whatever attachment you use before the function will work. The operator manual is the key to how it works. You might check YouTube for a video on that as well.