Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum thing. I have a 2015 cat 236D I recently bought. It has the advanced display and it keeps coming up with a red box that says "error retrieving diagnostic codes " and "error retrieving event codes" I've been looking around and keep seem to find anything on what this means. It does not affect the ways it operates. I'm thinking it's not taking to the machine and I'm sort of in the dark on what's going on. Oil pressure, charge pressure, or other vitals. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Please can you post a Serial Number and also a photo of the AD screen when the message appears.
My apologies. The message is the same for diagnostic and event. One says "diagnostic" and another says "event" Also have a bucket leveler code.
Thanks for the S/N & photos. Can you get into the Monitor menu and look at historical Diagnostic Codes & Events please. I can upload the troubleshooting procedure for the 3700-4 Diagnostic Code if you need it.
The troubleshooting for 3700-4 would be great! When I return home I will access the menu for the data and take photos of the messages. If it helps it does have a bunch stored but no active. Only the bucket leveler code is active. I new to this "diagnostic code" stuff. I'm more of a mechanical kind of person, but I can always learn. haha
See attached. I will also send you an electrical schematic so keep an eye on your messages. Although "year" means nothing for equipment and you should always quote the Serial Number (BGZ00715) when requesting partds/service information it might interest you to know that your particular skid steer was actually manufactured on the 19th May 2014.
So I'm about to unload some photos on ya here. All the codes are history for event and diagnostic. Only the 3700-4 is active. These codes were with the machine when I got it.
Page 2
Page 3
Does the machine prompt you for a security code when you turn the key on?
No it does not. Old fashioned key. On the opposite pillar.
Here is the translation of your list of Diagnostic Codes:- E231-1 - High water level in fuel/water separator. E361-3 - Excessively high coolant temperature (immediate shutdown required) E391-1 - Inlet air restriction. Check air filter. E459-2 - Engine Power Rating mismatch. E569-2 - Unexpected left motor reverse speed detected. E570-2 - Unexpected right motor forward speed detected. E875-1/2/3 - Low system voltage. (Level 3 requires immediate safe shutdown) E876-1 - High system voltage. E1239-2 - DPF conditions not met for active regen. E1239-3 - As 1239-2 but immediate safe shutdown and regen using dealer service tool (ET) required. The E459-2 is interesting. We've come across this before. I'm not certain if it could be affecting Codes & Events but it's well worth digging into. I'll send you some info regarding it. Otther than that I can't see anything striking. If the warning comes and goes in a random fashion it has all the signs of dirt or condensation in an electrical connector somewhere.
Ok. Will this make it miss a regen cycle when needed? I just don't want the dpf to get Clogged up if the pressure sensors aren't being recognized.
The last two on the list were a consequence of operators igonoring regen prompts (IMO). Provided you don't do that you should be OK. Hopefully others will confirm that. It may pay you to have someone hook ET up to the machine and erase that list of Logged Codes/Events. Starting with a blank list you'll then know that anything that might pop up later has happened on your watch.