Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2016 Case SR210 Bucket Controls not responding

Max Ludwig ยท 2023-10-02 17:40

Hello! I have a 2016 SR210 that I mainly use for snow removal in the Winter, so it's been idle and covered for the Summer with a trickle charger on the battery. I went to start it this morning and she fired right up. I let her warm up for 5-10 minutes and got in the cab to move her around. The joy sticks will turn the wheels and I can move the machine but the bucket controls do not respond including the auto coupler control. I tried turning off the motor and restarted it, no joy. I tried disconnecting the battery and restarting it, no joy. I have the Operator Manual and the complete Service Manuals but I'm at a loss as to where to start to get the problem diagnosed. I'm hoping it's something simple but my gut tells me it's going to be a complicated fix. Thank you in advance for any guidance you can offer. Max

Replies8
  1. #1bobatack2023-10-02 19:22

    Does the cab have a door on it? If so, is it closed right?

  2. #2Max Ludwig2023-10-02 22:09

    Yes, it has a door, and I've had trouble with the door sensor before. But when the door sensor malfunctioned previously, the bucket and machine wouldn't move. Now, the machine moves but no bucket movement.

  3. #3KSSS2023-10-03 10:15

    The machine should have a plug that goes into the door wiring harness that allows the machine to run when you remove the door. If you still have that plug (its usually attached the wiring harness at the door). I would unplug the door, plug that into the harness and see what happens. It sure sounds like a safety switch issue.

  4. #4Max Ludwig2023-10-03 14:08

    I don't think I have the plug, but I'll check. If I don't have the plug, is that a part I can order? If so, from where? Part #? I hope it's a 'safety switch' issue, which should be an easy fix. My concern is that I can move the wheels with the joy sticks but not the boom/bucket. Thank you for your help. Max

  5. #5KSSS2023-10-03 22:51

    Brother, I have no idea on the part number. But I am sure Titan can find it. That sounds exactly like the door magnet on working, mine do the same thing, wheels will turn, but the bucket functions do not, that way you can't raise the arms up and contact the door since the machine assumes the door is open.

  6. #6Max Ludwig2023-10-08 16:26

    Update: I finally had a chance to get in the machine and fiddle with the safety switch on the door. I removed the two torx screws that hold the door sensor to the door frame and I place the sensor right against the door, but the bucket controls still did not work. So I jiggled the sensor and tapped it against the door a little bit and Bam!, the controls came to life. So either the sensor is going bad or there's a loose wire to the sensor. So, I ordered a new sensor ($45) and I assume/hope that will solve the problem. For those that may be having the same problem, the Case part number for the sensor is: 87392235. It seems like a fairly common part found on a lot of different types of machines. Thank you to KSSS for your advice and guidance.

  7. #7Max Ludwig2023-10-16 07:07

    Update #2: I received the new door sensor in the mail. $45 delivered. Not too bad. In order to unplug the old sensor and plug-in the new one, I needed to remove the plastic (driver's) left-side pillar cover that extends from the ceiling to the floor. This, by far, is the most difficult part of this whole process, at least for me, having an enclosed cab. Once I had the plastic cover removed, I simply unplugged the old sensor and plugged-in the new one. Before I wrestled the plastic pillar cover back into place, I decided to test the new sensor. I mounted the new sensor, closed the door, and fired her up... And the controls STILL did not work! ****! Now I'm thinking it's a loose or frayed wire downstream of the sensor, so I fiddled with the sensor wire and tried it some more... Nothing. The sensor is magnetic. So then I unscrewed the sensor and placed it directly against the metal part of the door and BAM! The controls work! So now I figured out that it wasn't the sensor that was bad, it was just getting a bad magnetic reading from the door. The sensor is mounted in such a way that it picks up the locking mechanism of the door, not the actual door frame. So I installed some plastic spacers on the sensor mount to bring it slightly closer (1 or 2 millimeters) to the lock mechanism and she worked like a champ. So I wrestled the plastic pillar cover back into place and bolted her up. I'm not sure why the sensor no longer picked up the lock mechanism or why it needed to be moved closer, maybe chassis flex? But she seems like she's back in business. I hope this helps someone in the future with a similar problem. Thanks to all that replied. Max

  8. #8Simon C2023-10-19 22:58

    Thanks for your response. I had to deal with the exact same left side pillar cover on a Case TV 380 CTL today. Made very ignorant. PS. If your fan cuts out on the heater check the accessory fuse as this was the gentlemans problem with 1 Fuse to fix and a new Cab Air Filter. Have good rest of your week. Simon C