Anyone know where the high pressure port is on a 239D? I can’t find it for the life of me. I’m wondering if I need to tip the cab to get access?
I assume it's on left side if you are in the seat behind plate held on by 3 bolts behind tracks. You can tip cab and find them as well just follow ac lines.
Probably will need the cab up. The A/C connections are next to the heater core. See #15 on the illustration, they are the dust caps in the A/C fittings.
Thanks for the reply’s. This machine doesn’t have the side panel like the 249’s and larger. Following the lines it looks like the only place the high pressure port could be is by the heater core at the back of the cab. Not the most convenient. The low pressure port is right off the compressor. Probably a dumb question but can the machine be run with the cab tilted? Never tried before.
If you supply a Serial Number. I can post the exact illustration of the AC lines. There are 6 different arrangements of 239D and no guarantee whatsoever that they are all the same in this regard.
It doesn't cause any problems on my 299d running it with cab tilted. It's just a pain to adjust throttle or air flow. I don't think my gauge hoses would be long enough to reach from back of machine to front with cab tilted. If you have the condenser coil on the engine access door like mine the high pressure will run considerably higher with door open vs. closed because radiator cooling fan pulls a lot of air through it. Maybe someone added another port to add freon since tipping cab is a pain.
S/N CAT0239DTBL903510
OK, here’s the hose installation. One connector is right next to the compressor, the other one is next to the heater core.
Thanks everyone for the help
Nige any chance you could look up how much refrigerant it takes. Thank you for all the help.
Refrigerant capacity - 0.81 kg. There should be a sticker either in the cab somewhere or zip-tied to the AC lines right next to the compressor to confirm that.