Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 239d stumble when warmed up

JEDiag · 2025-05-05 19:51

Hey guys, I have a 239d im working on that has a stumble and loss of power after its warmed up. Only starts after about 172⁰ and gets worse the warmer it gets. No codes, no inactive codes. Have had laptop hooked up and everything checks from what I can see. I did notice injector cut out test showed number 2 compensation a little low but it isnt by a lot and doesnt seem consistent. It does act like an injector going and is real present under a load at higher rpm. Fuel pressure always reads fine too. If i get temp up in the 190 range it gets alot worse and will stumble under no load high rpm until i drop rpm for a short period, maybe 15 seconds, then itll smooth back out some. Really seems like fuel supply but it all checks ok. Hate to condemn an injector on a slightly low comp value but its really the only lead I have. Any Ideas?

Replies1
  1. #1Simon C2025-05-05 23:58

    Be a good idea to post your serial number, how many hours on unit and anything else in terms of history on the unit. If the injector starts to leak by it can put bubbles into the common rail and cause loss of power. Simon C