I have find no topic about the 24H/M grader. Here you can post photos or videos from this great giant Grader Here the newest video which i have find where see a 24H close: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMIRYMyf57o
That is a monster blade. I would kill for a day in the can of it.
Hello , here is a pic of a 24M , found by my grandson in a Canadian mine . I don't know why the machine is completely supported , probably for getting new tires . Anyhow , it's impossible to steal it , if you wanted so . Have a nice day , johan7
The amount of investment the mine operation puts into one of these beasts is substantial but I am sure the return on quick turn around time from the pit to crusher, stockpile , screen etc more than pays for itself keeping good haulroads.
The machine is brand new and supported because when they arrive from the factory and on site they need to finish being assembled including installing tires. Still needs ripper and moldboard installed also PS Usually the front tires are installed the with the traction bars the other way. Not sure if this was done this way for a reason or by mistake
I've been trying to get my company to turn my front tires around since the grader was new. But what do I know. She has the snow tires on this year, Hoping I can be the one to bring her to the tire shop in the spring, and get them on right.
This is a pic of the 24 m that I operated a while back not sure how to get the picture right side up..lol
I've never seen the front tires on a 24 installed the other way, and we have 16 of them.
16 holy crap that's a lot of blades haha.
On smaller graders i have seen this, but on a 24 not yet on pictures. Wow you have lot
What about the Kidco 24H youtube link you posted in this thread ? Every 24M I assembled or saw assembled we put the front tires on the opposite way the drivers were installed as this was the way I was told its done. Not sure if it makes a noticeable difference or not (since I'm not a grader operator) but the theory is correct.
You're right, I have made a bigger view from the video and stopped it, i have seen now that the front wheels are the other way.
Not sure about the 24, but they do make a difference when cornering with a full blade. I was always told that the only time they are the same as the drives, is when you are runnin a six wheel drive.
Here a video from a 24M with a special ripper: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmDvtYzgMB8
Hello graderfan , your "special ripper" is , to my opinion , more a device to smooth out any lumbs , in order to get a cleaner haul road . In the Netherlands there are some graders for road maintenance that have about the same "ripper". Have a nice day ,johan7
Yes I have seen, when a smooth ripping is needed a good thing, but better it is possible to switch both, when you need for deeper heavier ripping, the common ripper is better. But here on the 24M there is a common ripper where the special smooth ripper is installed. Here it is possible to switch to the bigger ripper shanks again when they need it. Here is an example too: HeavyEquipmentForums