Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 245 Excavator Weight Without Counter Weight And Stick

8V149 Detroit ยท 2018-04-20 10:52

I know the operating weight of a 245 but what does it weigh without the counter weight and stick?

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2018-04-20 13:05

    I assume the machine is being disassembled for transport. Hard to get accurate numbers because you did not specify what model of 245. 245D is about 3,000 pounds heavier than an A or B. Counterweight approximately 18,000 pounds. Stick/bucket cylinder approximately 7,500 pounds. You will know better the weight of the bucket. That also has to come off the operating weight.

  2. #28V149 Detroit2018-04-20 13:29

    series 2 b model is what I was looking at

  3. #3Nige2018-04-20 14:50

    The approximate operating weight I see listed for a 245B is 143,500 pounds. Is that the weight you are using..? That figure minus bucket, stick, & counterweight would probably leave you somewhere in the range of 110-115k pounds.

  4. #48V149 Detroit2018-04-23 08:55

    Alright then thank you for your help