Hi, I have been doing a lot of reading on this forum and have found a lot of valuable info, Thanks! a couple of years (2010) ago people laughed at me when I sold my Honda Civic to buy my Cat 246 (their ignorance is partially forgiven) and I think it is one of the best tools this electrical contractor could have purchased! I have lifted trusses with extenda'boom to build solar electric structures, I've got a Lowe trencher that will eat through a lot and as of late I baught a Bradco 611 backhoe. I read a lot on them and got it home and quickly found out I better reach deaper in my pocket because the mounting brackets would not fit, so the new ones are on order $2,400.00 later So my questions are... has anyone used the Bradco 611 and how well will it dig? More importantly, my Cat has safety mechinisms that will shut the hydrolics off when I lift the lap guard up and get off the seat, how do I keep the hydrolics on while I am in the seat of the backhoe? Also I was reading about draining the gas every once in a while and have a couple of questions about that. I will look tonight but does anyone know where the drain plug is on the 2000 Cat 246? and what types of diesel lube are recommended as additives? Thanks for any/all the info and help
No replies yet.