As odd as it sounds I'd like to get my back-up alarm working again. Its not that back-up alarms don't annoy me, but I thought having that extra protection would be good, especially when someone else is operating it for me. I plan on putting a quick disconnect on if for when I'm operating myself and alone. The previous owner cut the wire right in front of the speaker. I've repaired that, but it still doesnt fuction. 12v direct to the speaker causes it to work, so my question is what engages power to the speaker? Is it whenever the joystick is moved rearward, or whenever both wheels are rotating backwards? Does it have to be moving backward at a certain speed? I'm just trying to figure out what engages it so I can troubleshoot it. Thanks
Haven't dealt with a CAT alarm switch specifically, but have seen many skids utilize a pressure switch on the reverse hydro circuit. Might be a bad fuse too.
do you have the serial number to allow checking the wiring in SIS? Or at least the first three letters/numbers? 246 SKID STEER LOADER 5SZ 246B SKID STEER LOADER PAT 246C SKID STEER LOADER JAY 246D SKID STEER LOADER BYF 246D SKID STEER LOADER HMR 246D SKID STEER LOADER JSL
The serial number is 5SZ00453. Thanks
The back-up alarm is actuated by a pressure switch in the joy-stick. The original part number was 168-0295 this was changed to 192-0836 Wires to the switch should be marked 120 and 321. Hope this helps.
Yes, that helps. I found the 321 wire, so I'll follow it back to the switch and check the wire and switch. Any idea on the actual switch location? Is it directly in the joystick, or somewhere in a line?
The parts book is not real clear but it looks like it would be right on the bottom of the valve the joy stick is connected to towards the back if I'm seeing the drawing right. Unfortunately I have never had the "pleasure" of working on a Cat 246.
KSH is correct. You have to either remove the joystick or disassemble the console to get at the switch.