Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 246 continuous flow troubleshooting

mdw ยท 2017-03-27 00:08

new guy need help 2001 Cat 246 and can not get the continuous flow to work, could this be the toggle switch is bad ? when I try to engage it the light does not come on Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Mark2502017-03-27 03:32

    serial number PLEASE has this problem just started ?was it ok before ? has any recent work been done on the machine ?

  2. #2mdw2017-03-27 09:04

    00246K5SZ04050 I just bought it so I really cant answer your question on if it worked before or not,..I did replace the foot pedal and throttle cable as they were sticky and yesterday as I was testing it out with the broom I couldn't get the continuous flow to engage

  3. #3Mark2502017-03-27 14:22

    if new to you here is the method to engage cont flow try this first if not we may be able to troubleshoot problem Mark

  4. #4mdw2017-03-27 15:54

    ok that worked,thanks!,..I was doing it backwards

  5. #5check2017-03-27 21:57

    I was not aware that my 2001 246 has a continuous flow switch. Where is it located and what does it look like? Serial number CAT00246A5SZ04104

  6. #6mdw2017-03-27 22:08

    upper left headliner console should have a rocker switch in far left position with a picture of a joystick on it,..some are not equipped with this function