Engine No 3NW24888. Is this a 2034 perkins motor? I'm new here but been using forums as a guest but now signed up.
I meant is this engine a 3034 perkins engine?
CAT says it is.
Awesome thanks mate!
So cat used cat 3034 engines and also perkins 3034 engines after they purchased perkins is that correct? My 3034 is a perkins
From what I can tell they rebadged the Perkins as a Cat. Some of them were contracted to be manufactured in China, I don't know how you would tell the country of origin. Be very cautious, I'm not sure yet why you're asking but the oil pump housing in this engine has a habit of letting go resulting in a sudden loss of oil pressure. If you have the oil light or beeper come on, believe it and shut down immediately!!
Thanks heaps Steve, yeah the oil light and beeper came on so l changed filter and oil which worked briefly. So shut her down. Guessl'll hav to pull out motor and drop sump and see how the oilpump housing is.
Hopefully there's no serious damage. Mine sent the number four rod on vacation through the side of the block. The oil pump is cast into the front cover and the plate that makes up the backside of it is the part that breaks. Hopefully yours just cracked resulting in low pressure instead of no pressure. You might find this thread interesting: HeavyEquipmentForums