Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAt 246 skid steer no boom or bucket functions

Tractorguy ยท 2015-12-03 20:05

I've got a Cat 246 skid steer with no boom or bucket functions but multi-purpose bucket opens and machine will travel? Has a hydraulic override switch, I looked for some kind of port lock on some other brands with no luck. Also has pilot controls. Right stick is boom and bucket functions left is travel.

Replies5
  1. #1DIYDAVE2015-12-03 20:44

    I'd check the safety system solenoid, or relays. Don't know if yours is setup like my ASV, but I know mine has cat pilot controls. Also might have something wrong with the float magnet switch... That is the extent of my knowledge electrical...:beatsme

  2. #2Steve Frazier2015-12-04 02:32

    Seems odd you would have a portion of the controls but not all of them. I'll be following this to see the outcome.

  3. #3Mobiltech2015-12-04 09:05

    There is a door safety switch that will cut out lift and tilt if the door is open. If the door is removed there should be a jumper harness plugged into the harness right near the left side of the door just inside the cab.

  4. #4durallymax2015-12-04 09:29

    Don't know about the older B series like yours, but on the B3s there is a relay for that stick. I would make sure it's working right and that the door is not causing the hydraulics to be locked out, although if the machine has a hydraulic lockout light it should light up if the door is locking them out IIRC. The hydraulic override switch should lockout the hydraulics when the top of it is pushed and will light up the lockout light. The override function of the switch is activated after continuous flow is engaged and will light up an override indicator. It allows auxiliary operation with the arm bar raised and while out of the seat. This is all just based on my experience with B3s though, I know earlier ones were different.

  5. #5Tractorguy2015-12-05 22:01

    Alright, issue solved! All interlocks worked as they should. Was a cab machine with door removed and switch bypassed. Raised cab and ran machine with pilot line from pilot valve block to left joystick cracked and found no flow from block. Checked resistance of solenoid and found resistance was equivalent with all matching solenoids on block. Went to plug in and found that pin in machine connector didn't look right. Checked for voltage while running with hot wire not consistent. Wire was pulling out of pin! Made new pin and all is well! Thanks fellas