Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat a300 code 38-38

gizzmike ยท 2015-12-03 19:54

Hi I have an a300 bobcat that keeps throwing the code 38-38 I was able to turn the ignition off and restart machine then it would work for a couple minutes before shutting me out again. I pulled all the relays and moved them around then checed all fuses then lifted the cab and wiggled wires unplugging and plugging back in. I cannot seem to make it move at all. Please help. Mike

Replies5
  1. #1bobcan2015-12-03 21:00

    I believe that code 38-38 should be '5v Sensor Supply 2 _ Out Of Range _ Low' in the AWS/SJC controller circuit, so the computer's sensing circuit believe something has gone wrong when it tries to power up/ goes through tests.. might be as simple as a Bad Connection, but hopefully someone more well versed with that specific machine can give you some actual trouble points to look at/ test, etc.. Good Luck!!

  2. #2crewchief8882015-12-04 07:17

    typically a 5v sensor supply out of range code is the controller going bad... :drinkup

  3. #3gizzmike2015-12-04 23:23

    Thanks for the info. Where is the controller located

  4. #4crewchief8882015-12-05 06:52

    main controller should be located behind the panel at your left foot. ACS controller is inside the frame on the right side in front of the control valve. new controllers are NOT programmed a visit to a bobcat dealer is advised... :drinkup

  5. #5gizzmike2015-12-05 09:13

    Thanks for your help