Older 246 skid steer. Keeping it short and simple, had a fuel issues so I changed lifter pump and was able to get full fuel pressure and was able to get it running (using either) and it ran fine for a solid 8 hours (also put fuel additive in) Parked it and didn’t touch it for 7 days, fired it up (using either) but was running rough and sputtering hard. Parked it and checked fuel system and found black sludge in both filter and in the line, cleaned whole system and drained the tank and put it all back together nice and clean with fresh fuel and filters. Now it won’t start at all (using either) I’m thinking lifting pump needs to be replaced but bench testing it I had enough pressure to shoot fuel a solid 8” across the bench. so starting out im wondering if it would just be best off to replace lifting pump again and going from there, as for the not starting it always acts like a cold start! Glow plugs all tested fine ( volt meter tests ) but I can’t get power to the glow plug rail and I’m unsure how to test the relay or the switch. I have tried a lot of (bush fixes) but was wondering if anyone had ideas or creative tests I could do to pin point all my issues?
For one you should not ne either bombing those 3034s there Nad enough to begin with plus any glow plug engine it can end bad. Have you changed the filter and now when it is cranking is there any amount of smoke coming out of the exhaust.
all filters are new and all fuel lines blown clean and fresh diesel ran through, with all air purged from system Small amounts of dark white kinda grey smoke. (What you would see cold starting equipment) for reference it is kept in a barn at 15c/59f
Are you sure you don't have a compression problem the few we had didn't even need the glow plugs till around 20 degrees. When cranking are you getting fuel out of the bleeder. I believe there's one on the inlet of the injection pump tho I maybe wrong I'd need to look.
best way to test for compression? I’ll do some googling but any ideas will help! And I will check for a bleeder on injection pump.
Buy the adaptor that goes in place of the glow plug and a compression tester.