Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 246b

fireman050 ยท 2007-08-26 17:19

I just picked up a used cat 246b skid steer with 700hrs and 2 buckets and a track conversion kit for $40,000 this will be used to clean up debris from cutting down trees I dropped it off at a job site about an hour ago I am cutting three trees down for my neighbor and my other crew will be doing a job removing a tree that fell in a city park they will be using my bobcat t250

Replies11
  1. #1Squizzy246B2007-08-26 18:29

    Looks good Fireman. I'd love to know how it goes with the VTS system.

  2. #29420pullpan2007-08-26 18:47

    how do you like those Loegering track on there do they ride as nice as they look???

  3. #3fireman0502007-08-27 00:35

    i like the track system alot it is more stable than the tires plus less ruts when i use it on grass

  4. #4catdieselpower2007-08-27 10:04

    Looks good, and with that many hours on it the cursed 3024c head gasket will probably not be an issue (they seem to blow right around 500) :thumbsup

  5. #5Squizzy246B2007-08-27 10:56

    ???My 246B and my 248B both have the Mitsupillar 3044 engine??

  6. #6catdieselpower2007-08-27 11:21

    oops maybe i was thinking of a different model but i could of sworn i put a headgasket in a 246 that had the 3024 :beatsme

  7. #7Squizzy246B2007-08-27 11:26

    From memory the 226 uses the Perkapillar 3024 at around 50 horses...mate of mine is on his 3rd 226 and hasn't had a head gasket issue (yet). The Mitsupillar is around 78 horses and I'm on my 2nd.

  8. #8fireman0502007-08-27 11:58

    well so far it is performing great if the day keeps going like it is now we will finish a 2 day job by 6 today

  9. #9TALLRICK2007-08-27 16:18

    Nice looking machine, I am jealous! Fallen tree removal and picking up trimmings is my favorite skid steer work!

  10. #10fireman0502007-08-28 22:46

    well here is the pics from its first job

  11. #11beandrew2007-09-05 22:20

    vts tracks i have those same tracks and love them. Makes my newholland ls 180 grunt every once and a while.