Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 246C Air Seat deflating

mmyeg ยท 2024-11-12 00:34

Hi experts, I have a 2006 Cat 246C S/N JAY01423 with an air seat that deflates quite quickly. Any advice on how to remove the air bag to check it out? I assume that I have to remove the seat first. Thanks!

Replies3
  1. #1Deimos2024-11-12 01:05

    Hi. To remove the airbag you will have to remove the seat. I would recommend first checking the hoses for chafing without removing the seat. If the reason is a chafed hose, you can try to replace it without removing the seat. If that doesn't work, the instructions for removing the seat are attached. I think this information will help you completely.

  2. #2Deimos2024-11-12 01:06

    Additional information on air compressor

  3. #3mmyeg2024-11-12 10:33

    Checking the hoses makes sense, and your attachments will help a lot. Thanks for all the info Deimos.