Serial JAY 5410. Looking for wiring diagrams for aux circuit. Guy was running tree shear, would move in 1 direction, not the other, hooked to grapple started machine, fingers opened immediately. Need diagram to check wiring, bad switch?? Or valve hung up. Also picture of valve so I know which ones are for the aux to trouble shoot. Thank you
Can someone tag Nige for me, I can't seems to do it. Ty
Check your message inbox. If you want to check the output of the thumbwheel roller (PWM) sensor you will need a multimeter capable of measuring duty cycle. Check for 8v +/- 0.5v between Pins 1 & 2 with the ley ON. Check the duty cycle % between Pins 2 & 3. It should be 50% with the roller in the centre, less than 10% with it rolled all the way one way, and more than 90% with the roller all the way the other way.
TY. I will google how to do that. Going back out tomorrow so I will message if I need help.
Does your multimeter have a frequency (Hz) button on it.? If it does then press that button once and the "Hz" icon should appear in the LCD window. Press the Hz button a 2nd time and the icon should change from "Hz" to "%" which equates to duty cycle. If it doesn't do that then your multimeter is probably not quite as flash as you thought it was and you need to find one that does.
I will check it. TY
See the illustration below. The AUX solenoid valves are #4 and #8. They are the uppermost two solenoids on the control valve assembly as it is mounted to the RH chassis rail in the machine. With the key ON and the engine not running I would suggest that you check for voltage on the wires connedted to those solenoids. If you have nothing swap the solenoids and see if the problem moves with the engine running. If you have voltage then you have to look back at the control side of the AUX function starting with the thumbwheel roller.
I have control valve ass. 336-1322, only has 6 solenoids.
The illustration is of a High Flow machine so that it shows all the options. The only difference between that control valve and yours is that yours only has 3 sections instead of four. The AUX solenoids will still be the two at the top of the valve as it is installed on the machine.
TY.
I have 8.15 volts to thumb wheel. With key on, ordered new multimeter, has HZ no %. Power at both solenoids with key on .80 vdc
In that case unplug the electrical connectors to both AUX solenoids and run the machine with the attachment connected. Does it still move in one direction with the solenoid power supply disconnected.?
I swapped the lines to the tree shear cause it was full open, it immediately closed at idle. Replace both solenoids???
That was with the power supply to both AUX solenoids disconnected.?
Yes I unplugged both to test and never reconnected
OK, so one of the two solenoids is dodgy. If you want to find out which one there is an easy way. Select one of the AUX solenoids and swap it with the solenoid located directly below it which is for the tilt function. It doesn't matter which one of the two. If the problem moves from the shear to the bucket tilt then you have found your culprit. If it doesn't then swap the other AUX solenoid for the tilt solenoid directly below it and try again. All 6 solenoids are the same Part Number so there is no reason why you can't swap them ad infinitum.
I will do both. The back one is going to be a mofo to even get out let alone swap it to a lower one that is even harder to get to, might have to remove lines to get it out. I greatly appreciate your help on this. I figured it would be the switch or a solenoid. Once again Thanks for all your help.
In that case switch the dubious ones one at a time to whichever one of the other four you can get access to, just do it one at a time.
Just got back to working on the machine, would open and close still even with the wires disconnected. Just replaced both top solenoid on the valve body and it is still doing it. What now?? Thank you.
Just to clarify - with the wires to both the solenoids disconnected.?
Yes sir
I dunno about anyone else but it looks to me as though the maybe something is stuck inside the control valve section for the AUX function. Depending on how good the access is you will either have to remove the complete valve assembly from the machine and tear into it or try to disassemble the AUX section with the valve still installed.
Yes sir, kind of what I was thinking. Thank you again. Let you know what I come up with.
Do you have a parts break down of this valve. TY.
I thought you might ask that question. Also some removal & installation instructions.
Ty very much sir.
Pulled cap off the end of the spool that I could get to easily, reach in and pushed the spool a couple times, it moved freely and could feel the spring rebounding from the other end. Grabbed it with a pair of needle nose and carefully pulled it back and forth a few times. put the cap back in, fired it up and it worked. Didn’t feel like there was any thing hung up in it, but it is working for now. Thank you for the help.
A strange one but glad you got it fixed. Maybe a small particle of debris that moving the spool dislodged.? Definitely worth remembering for the future.