I have a Cat 247 that will not start, I have replaced the injector pump, can any help me with this one??
It helps to have a serial number to go on. Is there power to the fuel shutoff? Do you have any fuel pressure? Does it smoke while cranking? Need some more info to get going on this.
Ok, I purchase this machine as is not working, I replace the injector pump (new) fuel pressure is good. Cat 247 2003 ENGINE FAMILY: 3PKXL03-0UA1 ENGINE TYPE: 2072/2600 ENGINE NO.: 144-6194 CAT ENGINE TYPE: 3034
I am thinking low compression, or blown head gasket, yes it smoke while cranking.
Can you try some starting fluid or ether?
Sucking air through fuel filter seals or fittings? Remove the stop solenoid and see if it runs with it removed?
Did you check your glow plugs? You can do a compression check through the glow plug holes pretty easy. Why did you need a new fuel injection pump? This engine has a mechanical transfer pump mounted on the block.
The fuel pump was bad, No fuel. The plungers ( three of them) and the shaft that control the fuel were stuck, I am Thinking over heating problem?? The pump was replace (New Zexel). Try every thing already. I think the nex step is to take the Head off???
The fuel pump was bad, No fuel. The plungers ( three of them) and the shaft that control the fuel were stuck, I am Thinking over heating problem?? The pump was replace (New Zexel). Try every thing already. I think the nex step is to take the Head off??? For the Compression I will need a compression guage??
Bad pump sent metal to injectors Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank's I'll replace the injectors. It's the only thing I have'nt done. Although I am thinking low compression. This type of engine carry a Bosch PFR type injector pump. Serch on you Tube. The pistons or plungers are spring loaded and driven by a cam shaft under the pump. There were no ware or cuttings very clean, three were stuck in upwards position. I thinking this was cause from engine over heating. Thanks again.
Your welcome see your problem frequently. low compression rarely will cause a no start. Over heating or dirty engine oil will cause the plungers and rack to stick Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ok, The injector pump was replace, I have Fuel going to all 4 Injector. Will not start ??. Something with the Engine Such as Broken rings or... Blown Head Gasket... First I baught this Machine off an action lot As Is.
If you replaced the injectors then I would check valve lash and do a leak down test Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk