We have a CAT 247B track loader, 2010 era. It throws all kinds of fault codes when we try to turn on the lights, and something is shorting out somewhere, shutting down the hydraulics and drive motors and turning all the warning lights on and off and flashing. I'm looking for anyone with experience with something like this; I'm guessing I have a power or ground short and need wiring diagrams.
Need a machine Serial Number to identify the appropriate schematic. You could also help by posting a photo of the panel showing which warning lights are flashing.
CAT0247BATSL01309 Pretty much all these warning lights will flash on and off, but sometimes they'll all be off, even the parking light. I will try to get a picture of it. They're flashing right now. I couldn't get a picture of it when they're flashing on, they're all off right now, fuel gauge is showing full even though it's not. The green rabbit light flashes when they're flashing also. To my knowledge this thing doesn't have a two-speed, if it does it's never worked.
Sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere. I would clean the connections at the battery and the main grounds. At the machine and the engine. Check and make sure the alternator is charging. Check the connections at the panel. Then I would check the power and ground circuit for the lights once you have the wiring diagram.
Check your message inbox for the electrical schematic.
Thank you, everyone, for the help! Between the wiring diagram, pulling all of the grounds, and power, cleaning everything up well, and putting quality grease (Schaeffer's) on all the connections, it took care of all of the issues we've been having with the track loader for years (lights intermittently having issues, and coolant temperature flashing and beeping at us intermittently). Guessing that the culprit was the ground that goes from the plate by the flywheel to the chassis ground. But they're all cleaned up, and all the crap is pressure washed out of the bottom of the track loader now...