Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 248 High flow switch

Kr0n0s ยท 2021-07-17 19:58

Hi, its my first post, love the forum. Sorry if I misplaced the thread. Been reading since a long time. Have been so helpful. I always managed to resolve issue with my equipment because of this forum. I'm very grateful to all of you. I now have a problem that bug me. I just aquired a Cat 248, 2000, 6lz00451. When I connected my standard flow attachments I realized that my right hand thumbs button (supposed to control standard flow) control the high flow solenoid. And the high flow toggle switch (on the console under the parking brake) control my standard flow solenoid. Its just not practical to operate a grapple bucket that way. I looked at the auxiliary electrical connector: no special plug or jump wire. I looked at all the wiring: doesn't seem to be modified. I checked witch button activate witch solenoid. Can hear the pump turning with both control. Seem like an operator mistake. Asked CAT about the operator and maintenance manual. They sold me SEBU7468. The manual miss all operator instruction about high flow. So I dont know if I need a simple switch operation or a jumper. Or maybe the ECM have been modified by the previous owner for a special purpose? Any advise would be appreciated! Here are reference pictures of my joystick model and high flow switch. Thank you all!

Replies5
  1. #1Chrisso2021-07-18 06:10

    Pulled up some info on the Interlock Manifold Valve that houses the high flow solenoid... seems that SEBU7255 is what you need. Only problem is I can't access it. On the 248 Skid Steer Loader, refer to the Operation and Maintenance Manual, SEBU7255, "Machine Controls" for more information on the high flow auxiliary circuit.

  2. #2Chrisso2021-07-18 07:45

    I know you said you checked but just to confirm... when you hit the RH joystick buttons, these solenoids should activate... Hit either side of the high flow button under the park brake switch, this solenoid should activate (two coils in one here, also in the pic above)... ... if this isn't what you're seeing I think you have some wiring back to front. Do you have a schematic? Oh and welcome to HEF... a bit new here myself

  3. #3Kr0n0s2021-07-18 10:27

    Thanks for the reply! Yes I contacted CAT for SEBU7255, they sold me SEBU7468 supposed to be the updated version. Cant find SEBU7255 on their database or anywhere else. Yes A1 and A2 controlled by the High flow button and the High flow solenoid (6) activated by the RH joystick button. Wiring cannot be mixed, they are different. Harness look original. I have the schematics. I'm going to diagnose ecm pin input/output, trace connector... But I had a hope for someone telling me: oh yeah, just do that with this switch or short that pin to invert the control . Since I dont Have the operation instruction for high flow, It could be something simple. Thank you again!

  4. #4Kr0n0s2021-07-18 11:55

    Found the issue. The wire at the connector of the solenoid had been swapped. It looked original but Wiring identification don't lie. They are kinda easy to swap neatly. You can pop the wire out of the plastic connector and switch with another. I missed it. I felt like it was an operator mistake but I should have check the basic wiring before asking. Maybe its gonna help someone somewhere but I feel kinda stupid. Thanks for the Help again!

  5. #5Chrisso2021-07-22 07:50

    Hey glad you got it sorted, thanks for reporting back... no reason to feel stupid, I've asked dumber questions in the past