Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat 248B problem with throttles hand and foot heater will not work either

pathfinder ยท 2013-01-05 17:48

Yep, broke down and bought a 248B on e-bay...learned that 100 % satisfaction from seller doesn't mean much...I needed something woman friendly with cab air and heat since I live in Siberian type weather in the winter and very hot in the summer. Was wondering if the 2 throttles are separated by an electrical switch as they both work some of the time..there were no manuals of any kind with the machine.......if the throttles are separated by an electric switch where would it be located. The heater will not work either does anyone know of if there is a summer turn off switch for that. I have no idea what makes this stuff work so don't know where to look.

Replies2
  1. #11985GT2013-01-06 14:55

    On our's both of the throttles are cables. The foot cable gets stiff when the machine is not used for awhile. A little WD-40 works to free them up. As far as the heat, ours has a valve to shut off the coolant to the heater. Just follow the heater hoses and you should be able to find it.

  2. #2pathfinder2013-01-06 19:19

    thanks 1985GT Thanks for the help, I will let you know if it cures these issues...