Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 249D blower Motor removal

Jerry Lister ยท 2023-08-28 19:21

Does anyone have a procedure for removing an AC blower motor on a CAT 249D serial# GWR01482? Thanks for any input

Replies10
  1. #1Nige2023-08-29 04:31

    See the attached and come back if you have any questions. Note. Your machine belongs in the Compact Track Loader section. The section where you posted this is for full-size steel track machines. I'll ask for the thread to be moved.

  2. #2Jerry Lister2023-08-29 11:44

    Thank you again Nige!!!

  3. #3heymccall2023-08-29 13:12

    A quick Google search reveals pricing as low as $115 for a 359-1583.

  4. #4Jerry Lister2023-08-29 13:15

    They come 12V or 24V? I need the 12V correct?

  5. #5heymccall2023-08-29 13:45

    I believe that to be a typo, carried over from site to site. If blower access is easy, it may be worth a try (aftermarket, that is).

  6. #6Jerry Lister2023-08-29 14:51

    Shows on almost every site availability in both voltages. Just want to make sure I am ordering the correct part. Have confirmed that mine is bad.

  7. #7Jerry Lister2023-08-29 14:52

    To be 24V the machine would have to have 2 batteries correct? Mine has only 1

  8. #8Jerry Lister2023-08-29 15:09

    What are your thoughts Nige? Part # 359-1583 shows available in 12V and 24V. Same part#. Want to make sure I am ordering the correct part. Thanks so much.

  9. #9Nige2023-08-29 15:26

    HMC has already answered your question that it's a typo. Your machine is 12v. In the Cat online system blower P/N 359-1583 is only listed for machines with 12v systems. There is no "24v version" of 359-1583. If you want to make sure that you are ordering the correct part then grit your teeth and buy one from Cat.

  10. #10Jerry Lister2023-08-29 15:32

    I won't be gritting my teeth. Thanks again for all your help Nige and HMC. Very much appreciated!!