Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 249D Hydraulic Lockout OverRide Switch

wkdfarm · 2021-04-21 12:34

I want to use my Cat249D GWR02598 to run my log splitter. So seat arm and door interlocks need to be bypassed. Manual says you need to get a replacement switch for the existing hydraulic On/OFF - Bypass switch which ONLY activates the interlock (all hydro off). The switch I need has a "Hydraulic Off" on top plus a "Override" position on the bottom. Wiring is supposed to be there. Dealer can't figure it out. Switch installed is 509-2819 which is in Instrument Panel 378-1025 Type 2 and Type 3. SIS says switch 263-5415 is in Type 1. But I can't find the difference between the types. Both switches have the same description. Is 263-5415 the right part? Hoping Nigel can help!

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2021-04-21 13:01

    Which manual.?

  2. #2Nige2021-04-21 13:21

    Well we may have found something but I'm not sure whether it's good news or not. The attached Service Magazine speaks of changing the switch. HOWEVER in the list of applicable models the GWR-prefix machine is not indicated. In fact pretty much everything listed in the article is a Series 2 or Series 3 machine. Now this could be an oversight from Cat - OR it could be that the wiring referred to in the article is not present behind the fascia in the GWR cab - OR I may be over-thinking it and it's simply a case of unplugging the existing switch and plug the replacement switch into the same connector. See snip below from Electrical Schematic.

  3. #3wkdfarm2021-04-21 15:01

    You are awesome! Manual is SEBU9804 16 March 2018VOp and Maintenance page 107 108 - one of the worst tech manuals I have ever seen. Covers too many models. SIS says switch 263-5415 is applicable to my serial # in the Type 1 Cab AR for GWR965 - up. I will take the chance and buy it. Worst case is it will only work in Hydraulic Off position. May new firmware update... What is latest? Thanks so much! I will post back when I try it out. BTW CAT sold me a 377-5466 (Plug - HF XPS) as a replacement for the 421-4208 Plug AS-Jumper. Same two pins connected.

  4. #4Nige2021-04-21 15:56

    I think this ought to contain what you need.

  5. #5wkdfarm2021-04-23 16:36

    The HYD Lockout / Lockout Override Switch 263-5415 works! Now I can use my 249D to power my quick attach log splitter. Also the 377-5466 (Plug - HF XPS) works. So I think it is just a re-label of the 421-4208 Plug AS-Jumper. I will verify my firmware, but old works fine with the switch. Many Thanks!