Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TL130, Wiring. It’s a mess! I’m surprised it ran!

azvacs · 2021-04-21 15:00

I picked up a mess of a machine but I think it has potential. It has a new engine, but of course, wrong engine mounts. I need to rewire most of it. All safety’s and most everything else is cut, spliced.....! It’s just a mess. I have a wiring diagram but it’s a bit difficult to decipher. I’m looking for help. Does the schematic have wire color and gauge? Here are machine and engine tags.

Replies18
  1. #1azvacs2021-04-25 09:21

    Engine information. Any help out there?

  2. #2heymccall2021-04-25 10:57

    Parts manual https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAxAC&usg=AOvVaw3tCyP6qqoJPi_JO4LFWTPs

  3. #3heymccall2021-04-25 10:58

    What kinda help u looking for?

  4. #4azvacs2021-05-01 10:13

    My plan is to replace wires as i go without buying an entire wiring harness. I’m trying to determine if the schematic has wire size (gauge) and color on it. I see some numbers and letters but is that a code?

  5. #5azvacs2021-05-01 10:53

    It looks like we’ve messaged before about this machine. I looked on my old threads and you gave me some good info. I did get some parts from Ditch Witch of AZ. That worked out Good. You mentioned that the wiring harness is $488, is that the complete harness. It seems to be , from what i’m looking at in the parts manual. Part no. 0880428100? Serial number of my machine is 21308461

  6. #6azvacs2021-05-01 10:55

    If that’s the case and it is complete, It might be a whole lot better and easier to purchase a new harness.

  7. #7heymccall2021-05-01 12:59

    0880428100 is $1055.45 on my dealer's site today.

  8. #8azvacs2021-05-01 17:05

    OUCH ! Is that the complete harness? I hope it is!

  9. #9azvacs2021-08-25 15:45

    Is there anywhere i can get online pricing for all the little odds and ends parts i’m going to need? I have part numbers but price is going to determine what gets replaced first or ever. Thanks

  10. #10heymccall2021-08-25 16:01

    Andersonequip . com

  11. #11azvacs2021-08-25 19:27

    Thank you

  12. #12azvacs2021-09-18 12:50

    Well instead of buying an entire wiring harness, I decided to remove the entire harness and go through it and repair all the damaged wires. The hardest thing was that the fusible link sockets were cut off and are unable to locate any where. 3/8" male spade type connectors are needed to attach them to the fusible links. The fix i came up with is 1/4" copper tubing soldered to the wires and hammered flat are exactly the right size to fit tightly into the fusible links.

  13. #13azvacs2021-09-18 12:51

    One more pic.

  14. #14azvacs2021-09-18 12:54

    Now one more question about the relay assembly. According to the diagram, Im missing K and L relays but they only list part numbers for L. Are they the same?

  15. #15azvacs2021-09-18 17:24

    thx

  16. #16azvacs2021-10-25 17:57

    Can you help me identify this component and where the single wire coming off of it connects to? I have a wiring diagram/schematic but i don’t know what this part is. It’s located under the rear light area above the battery.

  17. #17heymccall2021-10-25 19:38

    Looks like someone twisted a power and ground together and put an eye on it. Under that lamp should be a backup alarm and a city horn. Depending on the serial number break, my hunch is the low side cut out switch for the AC. By grounding them together, the AC low side switch would be bypassed. No idea what's in the box.

  18. #18azvacs2021-10-25 20:11

    No A/C on this unit. Two wire come out of it. One goes to ground and the other was poorly spliced into one of the 12V power wires near the battery. It’s not the horn or the buzzer.