Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 250D

tucker42776 ยท 2024-05-13 08:56

I have a cat back dump serial number 6ng00124 than When raising the bed, it moves very slowly. It will rise about 1/4 of the way and will stop. It goes down really fast. I put my hoe bucket in the bed and applied pressure,and it wouldn't lift at all. I have checked the pressure in the hoist valve. They read to standard..The wires going g to the solenoid appear to have suffered some heat damage, so I rewired them. I took the valve block off the hydro pump and replaced the o-rings. One did appear cut. I have drained the hydro tank and changed the filter. Could you tell me where to start looking, or do you have an idea what it may be? I had a friend tell me the hoist valve could be bad, but I don't see the valve: just going bad:. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also have all the machine manuals. Thanks Quote

Replies1
  1. #1Nige2024-05-15 13:57

    Out of inteterst what pressure did you measure and what method did you use to measure it if the dump body cylinders will not rise all the way to the top of their stroke.?