Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 252b Block Heater

rshackleford ยท 2013-01-13 15:16

I have a 252b with a factory block heater but I can't find the plug in. Anyone know where to look? Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Replies4
  1. #1kbeen2013-01-13 21:23

    Here is where is shows the block heater is mounted on the 252B. hope this will help.

  2. #2rshackleford2013-01-14 21:47

    Yes that is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much. My machine did not have the cord. I took a cord from another machine and plugged it in. We didn't hear it working and it didn't feel warm. We are going to check it out more tomorrow.

  3. #3kbeen2013-01-15 08:57

    You will not hear anything when it is plugged in. it just has a probe or heating element as you can see by the picture that is heated and it will in turn heat the coolant. should help it start better on cold mornings and the heater should get warmer faster when using the block heater.

  4. #4NCPIPELINE2013-01-15 11:34

    The way we tested our block heaters in Colorado was to plug them in and let them sit in a paint can with water, if the water gets warm then you know it is functioning.