rough service in thorny brush, do not push snow at all with it, plenty of dirt work. Looking for some really tough sidewall rubber. Looking at samson, firestone, prowler ultra guard so far.
Titan HE but they also cost a lot
Over the years I have had great luck with the titan HD 2000-2. Have recently just purchased michelin bib-steel for a bobcat s-750, but they are to new see how they are going to perform.
I have samson 4 rib tires 12 ply on the front of my loader tractor. they already have a cut side wall. i find the rubber compound softer than the goodyear tires they replaced. hope that can help some.
An interesting fact regarding Titan tires is that they're a US company made in the US right in Des Moines Iowa.
Titans.
Go with a soild flex tire/wheel combo. Any air tire can be wrecked. Main thing to loock for is one with a pressable forklift style rubber. Makes replacements a lot cheaper since you can reuse the rim. We have had a fair number of customers switch over to soild flexes with no complaints.
no way will I buy a titan anything, solid would be fine but not at about quadruple the cost. thanks..
Solid flex have some advantages for sure. However they have some disadvantages as well. Solid work well on hard surfaces and I like them when running tracks. The downsides besides cost is the lack of floatation. Soft ground they sink, and they really tear up the ground. The tires are obviously hard so they dont flex over the ground. I get a lot of tire hop on grandular material like roadbase. I have a set for a CASE 465 and the machine is real heavy so that might contribute to my issues. I have kept them but I put a set of the L-5 type Hulk tires on the 465. The machine is back to being a beast in the dirt again. Yea I now have to deal with some flats (one in a year) but the machine is much more versatile. I use the hard tires for demo and running tracks. Other than that I use the L-5's. If you have the hard tires on a lighter machine and spend most of your time on hard ground then they maybe worth the money, but dont think that all your tire problems are solved by ponying up the money for hard tires.
Titan/Goodyear leave a bad taste in my mouth. Don't care that they're USA made. Plenty of tires are, plenty of tires that aren't are as good or better anyway. The Michelin bib-steels look promising and will be going on our barn skid steer this year when the factory CAT tires are done. Thought about the tweel too. The Bibsteels are pricey but are steel belted radials so they should hold up much better. If its like anything else when going from bias to radials, they will wear like iron, bite harder and be more resistant to punctures. With wheel loader tires the difference is 3-4 times the life, with tractor tires its double at least.
we quit running dirt tires on our skid loader. Switched to Solideal L-4 hard surface tires. Figure if it's to nasty for the tire machine we just take our rubber track loader. Even though there not meant for dirt they don't get to bad of traction
I run and recommend Titan HD 2000 IIs, although I understand you have some issue with them.