Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 252b wont start

riverview42 · 2024-01-03 16:50

Hope someone can help me out I have been messing with our loader because we were using it and then turned it off and went to go start it again and nothing happened. I tried cleaning a bunch of connections at first then tried bypassing the seat safety switch. when you turn the key to accessory everything lights up and lap bar light goes out when put down. after that I replaced the battery, starter, and the starter relays. still won't start. I can hear the fuel pump running when I turn the key but nothing else. let me know if there are any ideas.

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2024-01-03 18:29

    A good start would be a Serial Number, then we can find a correct electrical schematic for it. Can you confirm that you have a "No crank. No start." condition but you do have the dash panel lighting up and the fuel pump runs when you move the key from OFF to ON.? What exactly.? Did you clean all the ground cable connections (battery, engine block,& cab) and all the starter motor cable connections.? Does the machine have a master switch next to the battery.?

  2. #2riverview422024-01-03 20:14

    All of the grounds and starter cables are clean and all it has is the master circuit breaker but that isn’t tripped

  3. #3Nige2024-01-03 20:23

    I'm not talking about a circuit breaker. I'm talking about this switch, wired between the battery negative terminal and machine frame ground. It was an option but many machines were sold, or retrofitted, with it.

  4. #4Nige2024-01-03 20:28

    Engine block ground.? Cab to machine chassis ground.?

  5. #5Nige2024-01-03 20:29

    Also if you can confirm the above it would help. Oh, and the Serial Number as well if you would be so kind.

  6. #6Billrog2024-01-03 20:42

    Do you have the shuttle in neutral ?

  7. #7riverview422024-01-04 06:31

    I do not have that switch on my machine and yes the engine block ground and cab to machine ground are clean. The information you sent is correct and the serial number is scb01899

  8. #8Nige2024-01-04 09:47

    I think SCB is a typo, should be SCP. I'll send you an electrical schematic. It looks like you are going to have to start tracing why power is missing to the starter motor when the key is moved to the start position.