Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 255 – FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE

farmn ยท 2025-04-29 14:32

I am considering a new Cat 255. There's a dealer down the street who has offered me a good price. The machine seems good but it's so new that I can't find any reviews. Is anybody running one of these and willing to share thoughts and advice? Also, how would you compare this to a SVL75-3 of TL10? Thanks!

Replies9
  1. #1farmn2025-04-30 07:33

    I know these machines are new but it's been a year. I can't be the first customer - Am I missing something?

  2. #2farmn2025-05-02 11:22

    Help me out here guys. There has to be a reason that nobody is using these. As far as I know, Cat has a good following and this is supposed to be a 'best in class' machine.

  3. #3Mark132025-05-02 11:53

    You're not getting replies because you posted in the wrong area. You'd have more luck further down the page in the compact equipment section where it says compact track/multi terrain loader. Right now you're in the full size equipment area in the backhoe section.

  4. #4farmn2025-05-02 12:00

    Thanks!

  5. #5Nige2025-05-02 12:02

    Let me ask an admin to move the thread. Stand by. It may take a while, they are not on here all the time. BTW there was a thread regarding the 265 which may be of some interest. HeavyEquipmentForums

  6. #6farmn2025-05-02 12:08

    I just started a new one. Thanks tho and thanks for the thread.

  7. #7Nige2025-05-02 12:11

    Don't worry. Admin will sort it all out.

  8. #8Nige2025-05-02 17:16

    And guess what.? They did. BTW it's frowned on to create multiple threads in different sections of the forum asking the same question. That's why I asked the admins to move the original thread.

  9. #9farmn2025-05-02 17:19

    Sorry about that. I wasn't trying to break any taboos. Next time I'll ask an admin.