Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T770 crank no start

rbrown225 ยท 2025-04-29 19:24

I have a 2011 Bobcat T770 with the Tier 3 Kubota V3800. 3350 Hrs. Was running fine with throttle set at 1600 then just died. Will crank fine and do not have any codes or smoke. Checked resistance on fuel shutoff solenoid and was good. Pulled the solenoid and it retracted on crank. Disconnected the fuel line before the filter and with the primer bulb fuel pumped well. Tried cranking with the line disconnected and no fuel. Replaced the lift pump. Primed the filter and tried to start. No joy. Removed the new pump and disconnected the fuel line, worked the pump lever and got fuel. Looked inside pump and had the engine cranked. Injector pump shaft does not appear to to be rotating. Thinking that either the shaft key or something in the timing gear has failed. Any other ideas?? Working on getting the machine into the shop to start opening it up. If it is the gear, should I plan on pulling the motor and injector pump to retime everything or can it be done installed? I am assuming that the matting gear has markings and should not have to find #4 TDC, or am I missing something? I am also working on getting the Timing Pin Jig MEL1656. Does anyone have dimensions for it? I am needing length, diameter and center to center of the 2 pins and the ID of the hole. I have access to a machine shop so easy to make.

Replies0

No replies yet.