Well! Woke up at 3:30 could not sleep. bought a 2007, 256c to replace 1995 Case 1845c on Monday. Have had the 1845 since New. Replaced battery and water pump last year. Totally trouble free and bullet proof. Cold and lots of snow and very cold this year so wanted one with a heater. Went to auction on Mouday to buy a truck for log hauling but went to high. 256 came up and it looked good on video so I bought it. Went and looked at it and opened back panel. No motor!!!!!! I started looking for a motor which it should have a 3034. Very hard to find then I found this forum and now you all have me scared and wondering what to do. I am thinking I should look for a complete Kubota motor. Any help or advice would be appreciate.
Don't ya hate it when they leave out small details. Got to wonder if they snatched the motor because it was good and the rest of the machine bad, or if the machine was good and the rebuild was bad. This has the potential to be a great story. Post pics and let us know what you got. If it's any consolation, I wish I had not bid on 100 bicycles at a police auction a few years ago...
Well I am wondering if I could use one of your bicycles to peddle my skid steer around. You make a good point about the rest of the machine. I will maybe remove the hydraulic filter and check it for metal filings. I am thinking that maybe I could find a donor Kubota motor from a farm equipment. The one concern I have is how is the throttle controlled in the cat. Is it a cable or electronic and can a Kubota be adapted ? Maybe someone could advise me on this. I was searching for a motor But haven't found one yet.
I saw a 226 with a duetz in it one time so that may be an option. I think the c models have a cable throttle but not sure.
I find it very interesting looking for a donor or used cat 3034. Cannot find 1!!!! Anyone who had one is sold out. Begs the question how come. Found a Kubota and the seller says it is cable throttle same as the cat. So looks like my best choice And he will provide me with the right adapter plate and coupling that the hydraulic pump will bolt right on. I also find that many units use Kubota power unit. Their new engines are the first ones to meet 2016 tier 4 requirements.