Has anyone else had any problem with getting your open cab kubota SVL75 skid steer to unlock in cold weather? We have two of them and when it is below 30 degrees they will not unlock. If it gets above 32 they have no problem unlocking. If you've had this problem what was your solution?
by unlock do you mean it will not start or it will start but not operate? Could be the emission system wont let it move till a certain exhaust temp is reached.
it starts fine no matter the temperature, it won't allow me to unlock the hydraulics by pressing the button. I think it's something to do with a seat sensor.
I hope to resurrect this old thread because I’m desperately searching for something to fix this problem in my 2015 svl 75-2. Weather makes no difference; it’s been doing it for the last 4 months and I’ve gotten to work it very little during that time. It’s been in the shop at two different dealers for weeks at a time, have replaced the hydraulic lock switch (the green one), the armrest switches, the operator presence switch, and various wiring. Spent gobs of money on dealer repairs and renting a Cat to do my work. Last week dealer called and said replacing the operator presence switch didn’t fix it but he thought that since it’s two wires to that switch, and not three wires, that he could bypass it. I told him do it by all means. They called and said it’s ready to pick up. I drive up there with my trailer, and nothing has changed. It still won’t unlock. Various dealers, not just the two I’ve had it in, have various suggestions they pull out of the sky. One shop foreman on the phone said it doesn’t even have an operator seat switch (it does) and the the engine coupler to the pump is sheared off. Of course he is nuts, because the machine works fine on the rare occasion that it decides it will unlock today. Please give me something to go on or send contact info of a good insurance arsonist.
The switch issue sucks and I feel for you. The issue with the shop foreman is even more scary.
From reading about the problems with these Kubota's I don't think I'd consider buying one. Maybe it's common for newer equipment with all the electronic crap??? Would hate to have to have the dealer mechanic on speed dial.
I was having the same problem on my SVL75 when it's cold out. Found out the seat gets stiff enough that it won't "trip" the switch in the seat. I give the cushion a few hits with my fist before sitting down. That's been working so far. This didn't happen until a couple years ago, leading me to suspect the seat foam has absorbed moisture from the humidity.
don’t know if applies to the Kubota, but i have a safety switch under the seat of my ** tractor. When it’s cold, the seat won’t compress to trip the switch. Solution was to unplug the switch and stick a bypass wire in one end to have both wires make constant contact
Did you ever find a solution to this problem? Having somewhat of the same problem except mine will occasionally lock up while I’m just driving. It gets extremely frustrating.
Yes. I finally found a dealer with a mechanic experienced with this issue. He changed a fuse somewhere is I believe what he said. Anyway, it fixed it. I’ll look at my service ticket when I go to my office and see if there’s anything on there that will be of benefit to you. Mine was also occasionally locking up while driving. We thought it was just due to operator shifting around in the seat and deactivating the safety switch, but in looking back at it I now realize it was the fuse issue, or whatever it was that the mechanic changed out.
Id question the fuse issue. The seat switch is a large pad that is prone to issues. You can jump the plug behind the seat for the seat switch. If that solves the problem your seat switch is the issue. The power comes from the end 5amp fuse in the fuse box. That fuse also powers the arm safety switches. I would check your machine etmf 58 white to make sure your seat switch wasnt jumped by getting in machine and hold yourself up off the seat and see if it will still unlock.
Awesome, I really appreciate it. I’m not in a position right now where I can afford trips to dealers without a solution, so this is a huge help. Thanks
Any more details from the ticket? Mine started randomly dropping out too. Cleaning out around the seat and checking the wiring there for now.
I’m sorry, I will try to remember to look in that machine’s file and post that repair ticket. Whatever he did fixed it because I’ve had no more trouble. And since the first dealer bypassed and eliminated the seat switch without having any effect on the problem, I know that it was the last fix that did the trick. Stand by until I can post when I get in my office to look at the file.
The seat switches as some of you know on the kubota is not like a button switch. It looks like a little air bag... And boy what a joy they are to replace. You will have loads of fun... We have guys on the smaller side that didn't even have enough ass to engage the seat switch. Or if you had the deluxe seat you would have to bottom it out to the floor to trigger the switch. Next time it does it. Turn around and literally push your knee into the seat dead center instead of your butt and see if it unlocks. Been on several service calls for machines not working but it was just that seat sensor not getting the right butt groove put to it... I didn't think you could bypass the switch since it was built into the interlock protocalls that the controller had to recognize before allowing the machine to unlock.. Could be wrong on that but it is a 3 wire system. Reference, in and out.
On my 2016 SVL the seat sensor is just a 2 wire. Found the inside of the connector was damp and showing signs of corrosion. Pulled the seat and riser out to clean things up as I bought it used and was a mess behind it. Cut the factory connectors off and replaced with a Packard weatherpack design for automotive applications which I think is better than what kubota uses. Did see that the arm "switches" appear to be proximity sensors.
It's just a 2 wire on off switch and can be bypassed on all models. Those large pressure seat switches are not the best by any means
ETMF, Thanks, sounds like grounded wires for RH arm rest blew the fuse. After I replaced the connectors on my seat sensor I then Ohm'ed it out and while sitting in it moving around I could get the reading to vary from <2 ohms to 1.9K ohms. So for now I've by passed the sensor to see how it runs.
Kinda sounds like you always had the typical seat switch issues but the other shops bungled the job messing with the arm switch and probably hacked the wires and popped a fuse.
Lasermason New Member Joined: Today Messages: 1 Location: VT I've been following this forum, I have the same problem. I believe that all my safety switches are closed. Seat and one armrest have been bypassed by previous owner. I've jumped the remaining armrest for testing. Swapped around relays and checked fuses, still no go. Swapped green switch with auxiliary switch (seem to be same switch). Still no luck. Does anyone know which pin should have power in the green switch when all safety switches are closed (that would mean that the problem lies elsewhere). Does the green switch activate a solenoid on the hydraulic controller? Or does it close a relay? Could it be a bad diode? (I really don't fully understand how this circuit works). Machine was operating, driver left cab and returned to a lockout condition. Any help is greatly appreciated. We need to get this machine back to work! Thanks
Only style seat switch i have seen and replaced on any of our units has been this particular style.
Thanks for your reply. My seat switch came already bypassed by the previous owner and I see no fault showing in its 2 wire bypass. I did nearly buy a replacement green switch this morning as mine didn't pass the SVL75 (2) manual test procedure. The dealer let me put 2 small holes in the plastic bag to test the new one with my meter. It reads the same as my switch, so I believe the manual test call out is incorrect. It's unlikely the new one, in a sealed package, would have the same fault as the old one. Years ago I returned a freshwater pump for a boat to a dealer, telling him it was bad. He said "No I just sold it to you". Two small holes in the plastic bag of another one off the shelf and the meter showed the new one he had just sold me was bad. He gave me a working one the second time (the first one was bad from the factory).
ETMF 58 I can’t get your file to pull up what was the problem my machine is down in a bad spot and I need to get it moving. Thank you
You could try sending him a PM. It might show up on his e-mail. He hasn't been on here in a year.
Having same issues did we ever see his service ticket?
Don't know if he replied to a PM or not.
Any resolution. We too are having issues with skid steer locking up and the seat parts. John Harper
Any resolutions? I too am experiencing same