Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 257 Temp indicator

Z'mnypit ยท 2011-05-25 10:26

Just replaced the engine in my 257 a couple months ago. With all the rain Ive only got to use it a couple times lately. The past two times Ive used It I noticed after 10-15min of use the coolant indicator light is very dim but lit. After about 45min its gets brighter and after an hr of use the light is bright. The buzzer isnt going off but the light is there. I havent had a chance to check the engine temp with my laser thermometer yet (will do today) but it defiantly seems like its hot. The cooling fan is running so thats not the cause. Does sound like a water pump or thermostat issue? Also I notived the hose on that runs from the radiator to the water pump has a small drip where the hose meets the water pump. Looks like the hose is stretched a little at that point. Could this be causing the issue?

Replies0

No replies yet.