I just bought a cat 257B it will move but will not raise or tilt bucket. I am not familiar with this machine any ideas?
They have a door safety switch that cuts out the hydraulics if the door is open. Check that first. It is mounted in the hinge area of the door on left side. There should be a bypass plug for when you take the door off.
My machine has open cab is wiring harness the same?
The machine worked when I bought it truck driver called last night said when he loaded it bucket would not raise or tilt. I have not seen it yet will be here this afternoon. Wanted an idea where to start. Thanks
I think there's a relay in the the back of the cab in the fuse box that powers the lift tilt lockout solenoid. It is in a row of about 3 little black relays. You could try swapping it. I would need a serial number to be more specific.
257b serial # BHSLK05553 again thanks for your help.
257b the truck driver showed up I got in pushed the lock out switch and everything works. thank for the info.
The relay on that machine should be down under the front of the seat.. Your machine should still have the door switch wiring but it will be jumpered . It will be in the left front corner of the cab a black a white and a yellow wire.