I followed one of the old threads and tested power at the solenoid when running and got nothing, had power going to the switch, just no change in duty cycle, it was stuck at 99-100% so i took the handle off and opened up the rocker switch to find that the magnet that sweeps across the contact to create to PWM signal to be destroyed in about 1000 pieces and fell out. At least now i feel good about it just being a bad switch, but i refuse to give CAT $408 for the entire handle assemble when its just a bad rocker… Has anyone found a source for the thumb rocker switch? I’ve searched everywhere and the only answer i can come up with is to buy the cheapest cat handle i can find with a rocker just to take it apart and get that one little button.
Used to be years ago you could get just a switch or a block that was welded on the frame. It is a sad state of affairs the direction that Cat parts are going.
Hey there , I’m in the same situation as you were , wondering if you came up with anything? Pulled apart the rocker switch and is identical to your photo . New solenoid/ power to both it and switch . Appreciate it
Cat wanted around 500 from what I remember, found another cat handle off a different machine on eBay and swapped the guts and luckily it was all the same.