Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE 1845c Brake Cable

WyCowboy ยท 2018-07-05 13:20

I have a broken brake cable at the threaded end. Does anyone know where I can purchase a used cable?

Replies3
  1. #1kshansen2018-07-05 15:07

    My question is why would you want to take a chance on a used cable? Just checked online and new factory cables go for around $50. to $60. Depending on which style you have are either in stock or 2-3 days out. I suppose if you are out in the bush somewhere you could cobble up something from a garage door cable and some threaded rod. But if it breaks at the wrong time it could be very difficult to repair on a machine sitting in a foot deep manure pit and nothing around to pick machine up and out on dry ground!

  2. #2WyCowboy2018-07-07 16:09

    Well, being out in the middle of the bush. The safety pin has already been bypassed with a piece of chain, and the cable is just laying a round disconnected. Not too safe to function up on the side of the mountain.

  3. #3kshansen2018-07-07 19:43

    I still ask why take a chance on used when new can be had for $60.00 or less? But it's your machine and your money so I'll leave it at that.