Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 257B #SLK03341 interlock problem

Corn Cob ยท 2026-07-11 21:04

machine was running fine when i shut it down restarted 30 minutes later safety bar and park brake light flashing .i returned 1 hour later and reset blue button on breaker i started machine it ran fine. i shut machine down for the night restarted next day everything worked fine all day. parked machine 6 hours later. went back 2 hours later machine starts fine but safety bar and park brake light flashing. checked reset breaker its good. i don't think breaker was tripped the first time. Seat switch checks good. safety bar switch must be good if it only starts when down.

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2026-07-12 05:51

    I think you may find all the answer in the thread linked below. All the troubleshooting documents plus the electrical schematic will also work for your Serial Number. One thing you need to be very careful about are the errors that were discovered in the text of the Cat troubleshooting procedure for the fault. Read the thread carefully starting from Post #55 on Page 3 where it was discussed. CAT 226B Parking Brake Indicator and Armrest Indicator Are Flashing Hello, I'm trouble shooting Parking Brake Indicator and Armrest Indicator Are Flashing on my CAT 226B serial number MJH08353. In the attached picture, in purple I highlight what I believe is the detent coil. I have two questions, first, is this the detent coil? It's located under my right hand... HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2Corn Cob2026-08-13 20:33

    Thanks for all the information for my Cat 257B #SLK03341. I found detent coil defective unplugged coil machine works fine with it unplugged. I am using the machine with out the detent coil