Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 333G Fault Codes

Mr. Wrench ยท 2026-07-08 21:01

I was working on a 333G today that has several fault codes and is in derate. I forgot to get the serial number, but I may be able to get it tomorrow. The codes are as follows: 3719.00 Soot Level High 522574.00 Differential Pressure Sensor for Particulate Filter. High soot level 3219.00 Differential Pressure Sensor for Particulate Filter. Calibration Fault 522401.02 Camshaft Position Sensor. Signal not Admissible I tried to force a regen and it would not work. I may have to get rid of the cam fault code before it will regen. Does 3219.00 mean there is a problem with the Differential Pressure Sensor also? I was reading in a manual about a DPF Recovery. Like it is more involved than a forced regen. What is that and when do you need it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Replies19
  1. #1Simon C2026-07-08 22:23

    You may get a response from mg2361 but I know for a fact that some of these G models have DEF, and some do not, so there is a lot of differences without an exact serial number. Simon C

  2. #2mg23612026-07-09 05:12

    Definitely need the complete machine serial number when posting. Indicates a plugged DPF. There are many potential causes that can set these. Unfortunately, you will have to get the dealer involved. Once a 3719 DTC is set, it can only be removed with dealer intervention (or someone with Service Advisor). The root cause will need to be determined or this will become a frequent issue. Ignore the CAM DTC. One thing to check quick: all the hoses in the charge air cooler circuit for cracks/splits. especially the ones behind the fan.

  3. #3Mr. Wrench2026-07-09 08:44

    Serial Number is: 1T0333GMERF459028 I use Diesel Laptops. Has anyone been able to take care of the 3719 code with that or do you have to use Service Advisor? Is it at the point where the DPF will need to be removed and cleaned? Was wondering on the Cam DTC. Is it a common code and I just don't try to solve it? Does it not have anything to do with it not Regening? It had another Cam DTC one time while I was working on it but I didn't write it down. I think it was the same code just a different FMI. FMI may have been like 13. I'll check the charge air cooler lines. Does that mess up the air flow through the aftertreatment system?

  4. #4mg23612026-07-09 12:09

    I have only ever used Service Advisor and Deere's new Service Center. See if you have a reading that is labeled DPF SOOT LOAD - Fuel based. What does it read? If it is over 16 g/L, then yes, the DPF will need to be removed and cleaned. If below that number, see if you can perform a DPF recovery. If so, run that procedure. It could have been something as simple as slow cranking speed during the winter months that caused that. I would ignore it unless it is active with hard starting complaints. It messes with the boost pressure, which then affects many things. Multiple sensors will have erroneous readings which affect fueling which affects the aftertreatment system.

  5. #5Mr. Wrench2026-07-09 12:52

    Ok, I'll look for those values. I probably won't be out to the machine until next week. I think DL has the DPF recovery function but it is called something else. It says it may take 3 hours to complete. I tried the regular and the recovery regen and it would not do either one. It would just say, "unexpected answer from ECM". So something is not allowing it to regen. I can clear the Cam DTCs but when you start it they come back and are active. Does not seem to start hard.

  6. #6mg23612026-07-10 04:44

    You might want to remove the CAM sensor and make sure there is no debris stuck to it. Check your messages.

  7. #7Mr. Wrench2026-07-16 22:13

    I had just a little time to look at this machine today. Soot level in the DPF 8.1 g/L ( It did not say fuel based) Particulate filter ash content 21.4 g/L The DPF may have some funny readings. The inlet and outlet pressure gauges are pegged. The differential pressure sensor showed 0.60 PSI running, 0.37 PSI not running. I'm not sure what they should be normally. Didn't have time to look at anything else.

  8. #8mg23612026-07-17 05:18

    Spec on this sensor is +/- 0.25 psi key on engine off. This is the sensor on top of the valve cover, flywheel end of the engine. Can be up to 50 g/L without issue. 15 g/L on the Yanmar is a plugged DPF. Maybe it is your software, but there should be a DPF Soot Load - Differential Pressure Based and a DPF Soot Load - Fuel Based. Regardless, I do not think you have a plugged DPF.

  9. #9Mr. Wrench2026-07-20 23:21

    Here is an up date on this machine. I found a broken wire and damaged connector at the cam sensor. I got them hooked together for now until the dealer gets me a new plug and terminals. That took care of the cam sensor codes. I than was able to do a DPF recovery regen. It only went for about an hour but it brought the soot level down to 0.2 g/L fuel based. ( I found that reading). That took care of the high soot level codes. I now have code 3251.13. A differential pressure sensor code. It is still in derate. There is another machine there that is running fine so I took the sensor off of it and tried it. Didn't make any difference. I checked the power and the ground to the sensor and they are ok. One thing I noticed is the DPF inlet pressure is a negative number on this machine but it is not on the good machine. The DPF inlet pressure signal voltage is the same on both machines though. How do you get opposite readings but have the same voltage signal? Not sure what to do next. Machine HR around 1400 IIRC.

  10. #10Simon C2026-07-20 23:29

    Maybe it will change once you get the camshaft sensor wiring fixed. Who know sometimes what these computers think. All we can do is fix the stuff within our ability and sometimes it fixes it. Simon C

  11. #11mg23612026-07-21 05:11

    Check the left to right harness connectors for moisture. I sent you the location (and other stuff) of those connectors. Moisture in them have been known to cause that DTC. Check that the hoses to the sensor are not plugged, loose, damaged. If all is good, then perform a regular service regeneration. That needs to be done after a recovery regen. See if the code goes away after that. Also, in your diagnostic software, is there a "clear latched DTC's" choice? Is so, perform that. Check your messages.

  12. #12Mr. Wrench2026-07-22 22:20

    I went to work on the 333G today. I checked those plugs and found water in them, mostly X54. I cleaned and put electrical grease in all three X53 X54 and X55. Started it up and that took care of the problem. No active codes now but it still won't rev up. I went in the service menu and checked under sensors. It shows both the pedal and the dial going from 0-100% and their voltage range. Voltage is within spec of the manual. I also checked the remote throttle plug and it was clean. Talked to a former Deere mechanic today and he is going to come and reflash the ECM.

  13. #13mg23612026-07-23 04:52

    There are two remote box connectors. Did you check both of them? If you use your software, is there a secondary throttle on your data list? If so, does it read voltage?

  14. #14Mr. Wrench2026-07-23 12:26

    No, I didn't know there are two. The one I checked is on the right side just ahead of the HCU. It was a three wire plug. Where is the other one at and is it the same? I have three readings for the throttle in live data; primary, secondary, and foot throttle. Voltage at the secondary was 1.2 - 1.5V I think. After I cleaned the plug I think it was around .9V. Does it have to be below .6 - .7 V also? Reflashing the ECM did not help.

  15. #15mg23612026-07-24 05:18

    Secondary is the remote service throttle and it takes priority over the other two, so it needs to be zero volts. If it is not zero, then there is most likely an issue with the wiring. The other two throttles should have a percentage you can view and they need to be under 5%. The 3 pin connector you found with moisture should have been the issue, unless another connector in the circuit has moisture also. The other remote start connector does not involve the throttle, but it is always a good idea to check it. It is a 4 pin connector located within a foot of the 3 pin connector. Eyeball the harness from the 3 pin a little closer towards the engine to find the 4 pin. Even though it is a 4 pin, I think it only has 3 wires (1 red and 2 whites). If cleaning that connector does not work, then at X54 (center connector below), pull the wire out of pin #3 (E035B wire) and see if the secondary voltage drops to 0 volts.

  16. #16Mr. Wrench2026-07-24 19:12

    Ok, I'll look at all that when I get back to the machine. I just wonder if something is going on with that. It presents like the throttle problem that they can have, won't rev up, no codes. I just haven't had to go this deep in one to fix it yet.

  17. #17Mr. Wrench2026-08-04 11:42

    So when the JD man reflashed the ECM, it made the dial throttle work, but still no foot throttle. Throttle live data is as follows: Foot Throttle: 0.55V Primary Throttle: 0.85V Secondary Throttle: 0.1V In the diagnostic display, it shows the throttles going from 0% to 100%. Foot and hand throttle, but the foot throttle will still not rev up the machine. The other machine like this that the foot throttle would not work on, the reflash fixed it but not this one. Don't know what else to do but replace the ECM.

  18. #18mg23612026-08-04 12:26

    Yep, I can see he reflashed the ECU twice. If you have another FT4 333G, borrow the ECU and try it. It can be done temporarily without any programming.

  19. #19Mr. Wrench2026-08-05 21:33

    Now that the hand throttle works, the costumer has just decided to use it that way and not spend $1350.00 on a new ECM and programing. I don't like not being able to see a job to the solution, but if it was my machine I would probably do the same. Why spend that money just to make the foot throttle work, wait until it has bigger problems to replace it. Thanks for all the help guys!