Noticed recently some movement in these bearings on our 257B2. Video uploaded to youtube. I got this unit used but it's in pretty good shape, for some home landscaping. Been getting into some tough soil conditions (given the size of the MLT). Assuming I should replace sleeve and pin for the tile cyl lower location. Should I replace the lower bucker pin and bearings also? https://youtu.be/ObJkpBTiIlU
Cat engineered that to fail and be a pain to fix. There is no bushing in the cyl end. It has to be machined out for the lower pivot bushing to fit. Be careful if the lower pivot bushings are sloppy. Lots of hammer time will crack the bushing and turn it into lots of little jagged bits that make the welding and boring people happy.
My 226 has the same issue. The loader arms have bushings but the rod ends do not. I got a quote for 600 to put new rod ends on plus about 200 for the pins and bushing to tighten it up.