Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JD 323e owners?

Yancey brothers ยท 2015-11-11 23:05

I have a very good Deere dealer 10 mins from me.. Everyone else is is an hour and half away or more. They have a 2014 JD 323e, cab, ac/heat, joystick, 400 hour machine that comes with a bucket (smooth) and forks... They dealer/owner has been a family friend for 30+ years. They have the skid listed at 46k but told my father & I he would sell it to me for 39k firm. Is this a decent deal? Do any Deere 323 owners have any issues with your machine? Know of anything I should look at? Or question? I've been a long time lingering shadow here, I have to back-fill and do 10 acres of light topsoil landscaping. And the 323 looks like it would suit my needs to a T. We also have a lot of projects to use on our 250 acres here on the farm. This will be my first skid!

Replies9
  1. #1KSSS2015-11-11 23:14

    I personally am not a fan of the Deere EH system, but your mileage may vary. Especially if you have never run one before, you might be just fine. Just don't run anything else.

  2. #2Yancey brothers2015-11-11 23:27

    The dealer has a good reputation and they are 10 mins away. I haven't demoed one yet, I have demoed a t590 bobcat and cat259.. What I've gotten from this forum more than anything else is (support/dealer reputation/parts/service) it's seems to be a more Chevy vs ford vs dodge vs Toyota comparison than anything else. Some do better in certain areas than others.

  3. #3Fickster2015-11-13 12:29

    I recently purchased a 333E n I love it. It's a powerhouse. I've ran t300 n case and gehl n they all was good machines but the reason I went with the deere was dealer support and I got me a very good price on it compared to other brand at the hp rang . They are easy to access to and haven't got enuff hours on it yet to service it but I really am impressed so far. Machine was bought for cow calf operations in central Missouri for fence land clearing etc. I have pushed a few 24 inch cede trees over clearing the pond banks off and cleaning them out in the middle of the drought we was in n that mfer will roll red clay over buckets into loader arms n so damn fast n still plows throu it. It has everything but high flow ride control strobe light option on it. 69500 off a lot

  4. #4pafarmer2015-11-13 17:14

    That's a fairly high price on a used machine in my opinion....the 323 is on the small but not knowing what your intentions are for it it's impossible to say any more in that regard. A good price on a 400 323 would be in the 30 k range in my neck of the woods....I bought a brand new 323 a few years back for that 39 k figure....but ....

  5. #5Yancey brothers2015-11-13 18:12

    Pafarmer thanks for the reply. , I've been looking for a few months. I can't find a 2014 Deere 323e with cab, a/c-heat, forks, 84" bucket, joysticks, less than 500 hours for less than 45k, they will take 39k firm for this one. If anyone sees a comparable machine online please post a link. I will buy one this week.

  6. #6KenMac2015-11-13 19:12

    I checked out a new JD 323e recently and was impressed with accessibility due to removable side panels. I've also been told that Koreans now own Deere and things ain't what they once were. I just don't know what to think anymore.

  7. #7pafarmer2015-11-14 04:44

    PM sent !

  8. #8bigbob2015-11-15 18:58

    Do you mean the Koreans now own Bob Cat and not Deere?

  9. #9KenMac2015-11-15 21:44

    I could be wrong, but my info came via the internet, so it's gospel, RIGHT?