Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 257b3 coolant missing

Cheffy · 2023-10-23 15:10

Hello I have a 2012 cat 257 b3. I believe I need to replace the head gasket but wanted some opinions first. I’ve been having a problem with pressure building in my coolant system and losing coolant. I have no oil in my coolant or coolant in my oil. Most of the missing coolant has blown out of my over flow tank. I have also been having a problem with over heating and what appeared to be other small leaks. Can these issues all be linked to the head gasket?

Replies2
  1. #1pumkinhead2023-10-23 16:12

    you can test for combustion gasses in your radiator, or do a cooling system pressure test to confirm

  2. #2Cheffy2023-10-23 16:33

    I just bought a funnel that attaches where my rad cap goes. When running it bubbles like farts in the bath tub.