Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 257D Radio not working

Mach1200 ยท 2021-04-16 22:28

Hey folks, I have a CAT 257D and the radio is not turning on, pushing the pwr button does nothing, fuse is not blown. Also the fan will not blow cold air, hot only, no matter where I turn the knob, even A/C makes no difference. Any thoughts where to look? Are these problems related to each other?

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2021-04-17 10:02

    Unlikely. The lack of function in the heat/cold control is likely the electrically-operated valve in the heater system. They fail electrically or the shaft breaks. Loads of threads about them if you want to search. Good luck because the heater pipework is hidden behind panels. If you want accurate service information always post a Serial Number.

  2. #2Mach12002021-04-18 16:00

    SN: CAT0257DVFMR00256 I did search here, seems to be not an uncommon problem. Most of them are the other way around though, no heat. How do I get to the heater control valve?

  3. #3Nige2021-04-18 17:41

    This should assist you. Come back if you have any other questions. Parts list is on the last page. I see we are now on the 4th different Part Number of water valve.