Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 259, 289 D

Stick Pro ยท 2013-08-08 23:39

I just came across the new d series cats. Looks like they are also coming out with a new 299d also. http://www.teknoxgroup.com/attachment/3234/299D_eng.pdf http://www.teknoxgroup.com/attachment/3233/289D_eng.pdf http://www.teknoxgroup.com/attachment/3231/259D_eng.pdf I like the new cabs, just when I thought they could not get any better. Heated, high back, air ride seat. I am sold.

Replies4
  1. #1durallymax2013-08-09 08:15

    Been hearing about them for a long time now, nice to finally see them. They mentioned they were going to make the boom shorter but boxier. I see they accomplished that however I had heard they were going to be engineering the front of it to make ingress easier like on a Bobcat. I like that the auxillary couplers are not sitting in the air waiting to be hit anymore. They mentioned putting bluetooth in them, I guess they actually did. Probably most important for us though is the optional advanced display. It was the number one thing I mentioned to them that we needed. We need to be able to lock certain functions out for certain people, this was the biggest advantage Bobcat had in my opinion. As long as the new electronics work out, the intelligent leveling and throttle control should be nice.

  2. #2durallymax2013-08-09 08:28

    Link to the wheeled models. http://www.teknoxgroup.com/products/machines/skid-steer-loaders

  3. #3Digdeep2013-08-09 12:51

    Looks like the rearview camera they mention just to the left of the CAT logo. I like the new look and the extra visibility down low.

  4. #4durallymax2013-08-30 13:58

    All Kubota engines in the "D" series as well. 3.8 in the big ones and 3.3 in the smaller ones.