Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New Holland C227, Case TR270, ride control

MJS Services ยท 2013-08-07 18:03

Im looking at buying a low hour New Holland C227 (same as a Case tr270) its loaded up cab, ac, high flow, air seat, hyd detach, one missing thing is glide ride (ride control), do you think ride control is needed in a track machine?

Replies5
  1. #1melben2013-08-07 19:09

    Ride control smooths out the ride considerably when transporting material over distances. A necessity, no, a great feature, yes, I believe the stress on the machines hydraulic components as well the undercarriage is less with ride control, by nature the track machines are less choppy to use so that could be another consideration maybe in favor of a non ride control machine. If I were buying new I would'nt consider a standard machine but used, depends on the price. Just my opinion.

  2. #2durallymax2013-08-07 19:48

    if you transport anything then it is worth it. Not saying you cant live without it though.

  3. #3MJS Services2013-08-07 20:29

    the machine only has 50 hours on it, I have a Case 90xt tire machine rite now with ride control and wouldn't want it without it! but the salesman is telling me you dont need it with a track machine?

  4. #4Digdeep2013-08-07 22:16

    Tell the salesman to spend a 8-10 day in it and get back to you. If you use it and like it in your skid you'll definitely like it in a CTL.

  5. #5KSSS2013-08-08 00:47

    I will offer this. I have been getting ride control since CASE first brought it to market in 1999. It is in my view a must have on a wheeled machine, especially with two speed. I also speced it on my TR320. There have been jobs where it has been very helpful. I will say the benefits are not as apparent as they are on a wheeled machine except in certain conditions like dropping off things like curbs and so forth. The slower ground speed and all that track on the ground don't make the ride as jarring as it might be in a wheeled machine. However as some sharp dips in the roadway and you are glad you have it. I agree with the poster that said that new its a no brainer, used it would depend on the price. I would think with such low hours you are paying near new price so its really up to you. Perhaps they can field install RC and everyone can be happy.