Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 259b blower motor won’t work

corexcon ยท 2023-11-10 08:05

Hello everyone, I have a 2011 cat 259b3 and the blower motor stopped working. I checked the fuses (not the relays) and noticed everything seemed to be in good standing. I purchased a brand new blower motor installed it and still doesn't work. I'm getting power to the switch because the little green light is on. I'm stumped before I take it to cat I was hoping someone ran into this issue and could help out. Thank you!

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2023-11-10 08:55

    If you are decent at diagnosing the electrical system an electrical schematic is available. If it is a 259B3 I assume that your machine is a YYZ prefix. All it needs to identify the correct schematic is whether or not the Serial Number is above or below 01542.?

  2. #2steve wherley2023-11-10 09:07

    i have had grounds problems that motor ground connects to near motor