Well as most people know dust accumulates quickly in our air filters. CAT has told me there is a "dust ejector" kit that is available. It consists of a new intake housing, hard pipe with check valve, and a new muffler to accept the pipe. They say you can expect as much as 6x the life of an air cleaner. Has anyone seen one of these kits? Have any information? Am interested in doing this retro fit since both machines are new and see dusty environments daily. :usa
That would have been nice to know when you was ordering them in,you could have gotten it already put on from the factory .Or is it and aftermarket, dealer install thing?
CASE has had them for years. Its called an aspirator kit for them. They are outstanding, and worth every penny. Working in the high desert its always dry and dusty, I will kick so much dirt out the exhaust of my TR320 that the exhaust pipe is sand blasted shiny clean. They are a great addition if you work in high dust conditions.
i have a cat upgrade kit that replaced my clear plastic donaldson precleaner. this was installed on a 1992 d4c 7kg prefix. i purchased it from caterpillar, and it came with a couple of different size grommets to fit different applications. cost was $168.00 back in 2005. it has a plastic impeller inside, and a slit on the side. it ejects the dust and large particles out of the slit when the machine is running. also is tougher than the donaldson clear plastic dust bowl it replaced. the cleaner is made of a black hard but flexible material similar to a glock handgun. trees dont phase it. i would highly reccomend it. KSSS i would love to see pictures of yours on the case skid steer. might buy one for my 70xt.
I had one on my 440 and I believe on my 70XT before that (just not certain). I know that they did not have room for them in the 95XT and 465 machines. I will take a photo and post it.
I read your post yesterday and I called my buddy at the CAT dealer and he said that this was the part number for the kit you are talking about- #348-6735. He said it only takes about an hour and a half to install it.
That's the correct kit for the dust ejector, but I can't see any indication anywhere that it is suitable for a 259B. It is listed as fitting the following models - 246C, 256C, 262C, 272C, 277C, 279C, 287C, 289C, 299C. I'd check that it fits your particular machine with your Cat dealer first before shelling out for one. If you want an illustrated parts listing PM me with an e-mail address and I'll send it to you.
$674 OUT THE DOOR EACH!!! OUCH!!! But I do think it will be beneficial.
How many air filters can you buy for $674 at the rate you are chainging them in dusty weather..? Plus if it saves you an engine or prolongs your engine life by say 20% how much are you saving..? $64,000 dollar question. Does it definitely fit your 259B..? SIS does not say that it does. Only a dealer could confirm that.
Have you looked at Centri precleaners
Yes it does fit.
Sounds like a simple aspirator. All of the larger equipment has had them for years. It would be nice but I don't know that we'd keep the SSL's long enough to benefit. I could swap them to the next fleet of machines, but with model changes and such that could be tricky. The engineers seemed shocked when they were out at how bad our air filter was plugged after only a couple days use.
My CTL machine has the snorkle pipe thing,not sure how much it does?
Snorkel makes it worse on the C series. Removing it helps keep the filter cleaner longer.