Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Gehl 5625sx steering problems

Igrooves ยท 2013-07-17 23:33

Hello Maybe someone can help. I recently bought a gehl 5625sx that will turn in the dirt but won't want to turn on the blacktop. I have no idea where to start looking. Does anyone know what it could be?

Replies4
  1. #1mikebramel2013-07-18 07:20

    Instead of turning it just makes a whinining noise like the pumps or motors are blowing by?

  2. #2Igrooves2013-07-18 11:34

    Hi mike Yes it makes a noise like the hydraulics are working. Like a whining sound. It will turn somewhat then will stop. I know I do have a hydraulic leak somewhere. Not really big though.

  3. #3mikebramel2013-07-18 16:01

    Sounds like you have an internal leak. Look for flow out of the case drain on the motor and pump

  4. #4Igrooves2013-07-18 23:35

    I do have a leak. I will need to steam clean the compartment first and then look for it. Hope it's just a leak. Talk to dealer and they told me that it could be an array of things. It could be pumps and run me 6000.00 I will look for that leak tomorrow. The fluid was a little low also.