Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 259B3 Undercarriage Front Bushings

Gary1975! ยท 2024-10-12 15:13

I have a Cat 259B3 track machine I have been working on. Serial number YYZ02914. I'm replacing all the torsion axles on the machine. Also replacing the undercarriage rear bearing and two front bushings. My question is what is a good way to line up the axle and front bushing grease ports. Since I owned the machine I was never able to grease the front axles I'm sure due to the bushing not being lined up properly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #192U 34062024-10-12 16:20

    Lack of regular greasing is why they never take grease, nothing to do with bushing alignment. Just my own personal experience. If you look at the old axles I'd bet the grease in the short drilling into the centre bore is rock hard. Have never had problems if they were greased regularly.

  2. #292U 34062024-10-12 16:21

    I have pulled track frames and drilled the blockages out on a few machines before.